We’re joined by Ready Up’s queen of survival and crafting (oh, and she does all our videos too), Verity Hartley.
What have you been playing?
- Verity has been building a colony of psychopaths in Rimworld… and harvesting organs? Verity and Dean also talk about our inability to finish anything – Teleophobia?
- Verity is trying to decide whether to replay Horizon: Zero Dawn to get the new achievements.
- Verity and Susan argue over which of them Yonder: The Cloud Catcher Chronicles is made for – it’s got crafting and the murk for Verity and fairies and cute cats for Susan.
- Verity tells us about her bloodsoaked adventures in Player Unknown’s Battlegrounds, and how not to steal a car.
- Dean’s been playing the Destiny 2 Beta and gives his thoughts on the sequel to Bungie’s frustratingly poorly coordinated space shooter.
- Dean’s hooked all over again on Final Fantasy XII now that the remaster The Zodiac Age has been released. Dean gets his geek on by doing a dramatic reading from the script.
- Susan’s been playing a couple of visual novels: Highway Blossoms, a nice visual novel road trip; and Analogue: A Hate Story, about interacting with two treacherous AIs on an abandoned spacecraft.
Theme of the Week: Back in Time
- Having Verity on we take the opportunity to take a trip back in time to talk about The Hobbit, which Susan has been struggling with. Needless to say the story unfurled very differently to the book!
- Now that we’re on the subject of retro games we each try to think back to one of our earliest gaming memories. We also discover how Chuck e Cheese jump started the British games industry… Were all games back in the day sponsored by American fast food chains?
Two Truths, One Lie
- It’s time for Two truths, One Lie, in which Verity attempts, once more, to bluff her way past us.
That’s it from the Ready Up Podcast for Season 6! Don’t forget to come back at the end of the summer after we’ve had a little break. Toodle pip!
Ready Up Podcast theme music courtesy of Tommy Tallarico