We welcome our guest, Ready Up writer and resident comedian James, but we’ll have to see if he can get over his abandonment complex with Dean (it was an open relationship!).
What have you been playing?
- We get straight into discussing Assassin’s Creed: Origins. Everybody form an orderly queue as we discuss weapons with numbers on them, horse physics, and Hippo toilet regimes!
- James has been testing his patience with Cuphead. At least he tried.
- Obviously Susan has been playing Animal Crossing: Pocket Camp, where the time wasting mechanics of the series are a perfect fit for mobile.
- Dean’s been playing a digital adaptation of a classic civ building board game, Through the Ages by Vlaada Chvatl.
- Dean’s been chipping away at the moons in the Super Mario Odyssey end game, which inevitably leads to a discussion of… PPI?
- We talk to James, who isn’t a hipster game developer, about Friday the 13th, which won best Indie game at the Golden Joystick awards.
- We talk licensed games and the perils of a public vote.
- To get your fully unbiased and scientifically tested awards check out The Ready Up Awards, coming soon! We get a sneak preview of Dean’s favourite, bureaucratic horror game Prey.
Two Truths, One Lie
- We move on to Two Truths, One Lie, where James attempts to mesmerise us with stories of his abilities as a fancy dresser, a player of games and a budding games critic.
Ready Up Podcast theme music courtesy of Tommy Tallarico