Susan is joined by guest host, Kitty. The two of them welcome indie developer Hampus Bankler, who is the sole developer of multiplayer fighter jet indie game Sky Knights.
What have you been playing?
- Hampus has been playing tactical strategy SWAT team game Doorkickers, where things don’t always go to plan despite your best intentions.
- Hampus also been exploring the depths of the ocean with friends in We Need to go Deeper. Each player can only see what they’re responsible for, so you’ll have to rely heavily on teamwork and communication. It’s not always easy when you’re being attacked by tentacle monsters!
- Kitty has been working her way through the rock-hard Cuphead, and having a lovely, cartoony, controller-throwing time.
- Susan has discovered a worrying aptitude for murder in Shadow of Mordor.
Spotlight: Hampus Bankler and Sky Knights
- Hampus talks about his experience as a solo developer, and how you need to get by with a little help from your friends (aka testers).
- Sky Knights is a multiplayer fighter jet battle game with fast-paced shooting action. Just don’t ask Susan to land a plane.
- Hampus also talks about his work at Rovio, and writing the original code for Angry Birds 2. Which may still be in there… somewhere…
Two Truths, One Lie
We finish off the episode with our usual game, in which we wonder just how many game development studios there are in Stockholm, and just how much do people love Top Gun.
Ready Up Podcast theme music courtesy of Tommy Tallarico