Dean is back from the depths of academic life to join co-host Susan, and team member Danny Russell, aka Ready Up’s Former Man in Japan.
What have you been playing?
- Danny has been travelling and playing a load of handheld classics, including Dragon Quest VIII and The Binding of Isaac. He also got one of those Switch thingies, but hasn’t had the chance to delve into Breath of the Wild, instead spending some casual time with Puyo Puyo Tetris.
- Dean has a love-hate relationship with Nioh, which has been unfairly described as the ‘samurai Dark Souls’. He thinks it’s more like an 80s action movie where the protagonist just wants to find his cat.
- Susan has been playing Chibi Robo: Plug Into Adventure! in anticipation of guesting on an upcoming Cane and Rinse podcast. This leads into a fun off-topic discussion about the team’s favourite robots.
Theme of the Week
- Danny is fresh from GDC and still suffering from jet lag, so the team talk about the best/worst conference moments. For Danny, some people are better presenters than others – can we just get Reggie to present all of E3, please?
- Dean reflects on just how cool Hideo Kojima is, and muses about the GDC Vault, the massive archive of GDC talks that is freely available, should anyone wish to make the most of it.
- Susan reminds everyone of that awkward Trials of the Blood Dragon announcement.
Two Truths, One Lie
- After Susan wrecked the score when left on her own, can Dean fool Danny and claw back some dignity for the hosts? Also, Danny confuses Sesame Street with the Foo Fighters.
Ready Up Podcast theme music courtesy of Tommy Tallarico