Dean and Susan welcome Dr Dave Raynard, founder of new VR studio Dream Reality Interactive, and former manager of Sony’s London Studio, whose long line of accolades include London Heist, Wonder Book, and Singstar. Follow Dave on Twitter: @
What have you been playing?
- Dave tells us about his adventures as a medieval king in the ever popular Reigns. Dave’s eldest son has been playing Arkham Asylum recently, which leads us to reminisce about the elegance of its design. We also hear about Danger Ball, Dave’s favourite game on Playstation VR.
- Dean dusted off his Vita and has been digging into Steamworld Heist to help him survive the Christmas period. Following a year of amazing games, that have been hard to keep up with, Dean also finally started Uncharted 4 and he’s getting a Goonies vibe. Dave trumps us by telling us he’s been zipgliding with Nolan North!
- As is fitting for the new year, Susan’s turned over a new leaf with Animal Crossing: New Leaf Welcome Amiibo. Or maybe it’s just an old leaf with an update. Apparently they’ve tried to put a game in it now. We find out about the relative sizes of Susan and her partner’s heads via a discussion of Pierhead Arcade, a VR game set in a funfair arcade.
- It’s time for us to talk to our guest Dave in detail. We find out how he got into the industry via Psygnosis, worked his way up the ranks through Sony by doing a bit of everything and how he decided to strike out on his own.
Theme of the Week: Gaming Resolutions
- For theme of the week we make our new year’s gaming resolutions for the coming year.
Two Truths, One Lie
- It’s time for two truths one lie, and we’re treated to some cracking anecdotes from Dave.
Ready Up Podcast theme music courtesy of Tommy Tallarico